Installation of Java in windows 7 64-bit operating system
Java is a popular software. Now a days all the electronic devices are supporting the java applications and its features. Laks tutorial helps to give a knowledge on installation of Java.JDK (java Development Kit) and JRE(Java Runtime Environment)is used for running the application(or) programs.JRE is a subset of JDk so include JDK its having JRE.
- Goto Java SE download site http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html.
- under the Java Standard editions download latest versions
- choose your operating system(ex:windows 7 32 bit)
Installing JDK | JREAfter Downloading the JDK, select and double click. It will open Java SE environment,follow the installation wizard up to completion.By default JDK is installed in your system C:\Program Files\Java.
- Goto My Computer right click, select properties it will open the new window
- From that you select Advanced system variables from that select Environment variables
- From that under system variable scroll down select path and click edit(---) at the end you just copy of the bin(ex:C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_121\bin;) folder
Variable name : PATH Variable value : c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_xx\bin;[exiting entries...]
Verify the JDK Installation
- Goto Start type cmd
- type java
- it will display the java command
- or you type javac -version it will display the java version you installed in your computer