- .Net is a very much powerful tool used to build Distributed Computing Applications.
What is .Net ?
We have various kinds of software's in IT filed mention as follows.The above table refers the software's and its examples and now just once we look at .NET
|Data Bases||MS Access, Sql Server, MY Sql,DB2, Oracle|
|Server Technologies||SMS Server,Mail Server,BizTalk Server,etc.|
- .NET is not an Operating System
- .NET is not an Application/ Package.
- .NET is not a Data Base.
- .NET is not a Server Technologies.
- Finally .NET is not a Programming Language.
The above all reasons are not suitable for Dot net. Then What is .NET.
what is .NET
- .NET is a Framework tool which supports many programming languages.
- .NET is a Framework tool which supports web technology or server side technology.
- I refer no.of websites and books .NET supports 61 programming languages.
- In 61 programming languages 9 are designed by Microsoft and 52 are designed by Non- Microsoft.
List of Microsoft Designed Programming Languages
- JSCRIPT .NET
- windows power shell.
- Iron python
- Iron Ruby
NOTE: ASP. NET is not a programming language. ASP.NET is a web technology,we can write code by using C#.NET ,VB.NET or J#.NET.
Check How much understand our notes Interview question on Dot Net